The G6 Alliance has announced to implement eight blank sailings for its mainline strings from the Far East to Europe and the Med in the coming months. The move is part of the carrier group’s efforts reduce capacity on these trades routes for the winter slow season and for the Chinese new year lull.
Five sailings will be dropped from northern Europe services (L1, L4, L6, L7) and three cancellations concern services to the Med (EUM).
The below departures will be void, as will the corresponding eastbound return trips:
- Loop 1: One blank sailing out of Ningbo on 5 January 2014
- Loop 4: One blank sailing out of Ningbo on 23 November 2013
- Loop 6: Two blank sailings, out of Kaohsiung, on 25 November and 26 December 2013
- Loop 7: One blank sailing out of Qingdao on 30 October 2013
- EUM: Three blank sailings out of Busan, on 28 October, 25 November, 2013 and 10 February 2014.