This month, the Israel carrier Zim is applying a number of service changes to its network of intra-Med and Black Sea container liner services. These include the termination of slot-buying arrangements as well as the withdrawal of one shuttle loop. In summary, the alterations look as follows:
- Zim stops taking slots on the MSC-operated service, which calls at Haifa, Ashdod, Koper, Trieste, Marghera (Venice), Ravenna, Haifa.
- The Albania call at Durres is reinstated on the Israeli carriers’ Adriatic – Israel service which calls at Haifa, Ashdod, Durres (new), Koper, Trieste, Marghera (Venice), Ravenna, Alexandria, Haifa.
- Zim closes the single-ship Pireaus to Durres shuttle, so far operated with the 448 teu ELISABETH.
- Zim stops slot participation on the ‘Levant B’ Italy – Levant service of United Feeder Services, which called at Cagliari, Gioia Tauro, Mersin, Haifa, Ashdod, Alexandria, Salerno, Cagliari. United Feeder actually seems to be winding up the service altogether.
- The rotation of the Black Sea – Israel ‘ABX’ service is modified with the introduction of Ashdod and Izmit calls and the removal of the Novorossiysk call.